Bulletproof Dental Practice Podcast Episode 41
Hosts: Dr. Peter Boulden & Dr. Craig Spodak
Guest: Harry Nelson, CEO of Dansereau Dental
- Dental buildouts can be out-of-control expensive.
- Dansereau started in 1964, and offers quality, American-made dental equipment.
- Look to simplify when purchasing dental chairs and delivery systems. The less that can break, the better. Also keep overhead costs in mind when choosing equipment.
- Pay attention to space planning when doing a buildout. Cabinets especially tend to get overly complicated and cluttered.
- Make sure your equipment vendors are involved in the process starting with blueprints. They may have valuable install suggestions that will help your office work smoother.
- Many doctors use compressors that are larger than necessary. You may not need as much air, and a larger compressor will take up a lot more space.
- Vacuums are often under-qualified and it’s very common to see mistakes made in vacuum system builds, they are often engineered wrong. Be very cautious about the engineering of the vacuum lines.
- Make sure your contractor is licensed and qualified. Do your due diligence when choosing a construction partner. Make sure they have workers comp and liability.
- Don’t take shortcuts, you’ll often regret them in the long run.