Bulletproof Dental Practice Podcast Episode 48
Hosts: Dr. Peter Boulden & Dr. Craig Spodak
Guest: Chad Cooper, LEGENDARY LIFESTYLE™ Coach
Watch the full video of the interview by clicking here!
- People really want to move beyond happiness & material possession, and find FULFILLMENT. We don’t want work/life balance, we want work/life harmony.
- The one great equalizer is we all get 168 hours in a week. We are all equal that way. How we use that time is what separates the amateurs from the professionals.
- Creating space in your life and calendar is where your creativity comes alive. Creativity occurs within empty space.
- Retirement should be doing what you want, on your own terms.
- Learn and understand what your purpose is. It’s all about how you want to feel, not what you want to achieve or own.
- To find your purpose sit down and write down 7-10 of your happiest memories. Write 1-2 paragraphs on each of those memories.
- Add the emotions and feelings within each memory.
- Go back and circle the emotion words within your writing. Those emotions are your purpose.
- The greatest failure in the world is achieving everything you want and still being unfulfilled.
- Once you’ve discovered your purpose, take those emotions and insert them into the activity you’re undertaking. That’s the way to find fulfillment in the things you do every day.
- Burnout is prevalent with dentists. A lot of that is due to internal narratives.
- We’ve all been trained to play small. We want to not be afraid of being human, of being normal.
- If you’re doing something that’s draining your batteries,
- 7 characteristics of yin and yang. When doing anything, consider these 7 questions. If what your doing answers most of these positively you’ll be much more fulfilled.
- Is it serving a sense of mission?
- Did you do it from a place of freedom?
- Are you doing it with love?
- Was there adventure involved?
- When you do this, does it fill you up?
- Does it create a sense of safety?
- Does it allow you to speak your truth through love?
- The two greatest factors for an extraordinary marriage are love and respect. Women desire love. Men want respect.
- 4 quadrants of life – all four need to be address in order to be fulfilled.
- Logical – brain
- Emotional – heart
- Physical – body
- Spiritual – soul
Date with Destiny
Charlie Rose interview with Bill Gates & Warren Buffet
Create Your Legendary Lifestyle
Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
Time Isn’t the Problem, You Are by Chad E. Cooper
The vehicle doesn’t change, the meaning that you give to it does. – Chad Cooper
You can’t feel love you get, you only feel the love you give. – Dr. Craig Spodak
You can’t give what you don’t already possess. – Chad Cooper